search archive
browse archive Up

M246 Hattiesburg Historical Photographs

Object Type: Folder
In Folder: Historical Manuscripts


View Gallery

Title
Description
Date

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of the front entrance of Mississippi Woman's College, with a view of the administration building in the background; 7 x 5

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of Mr. Monroe Lott and Mr. Everett Lott with a large virgin pine tree cut in Lamar County for J. J. Newman Lumber Company. A log from it won a steam locomotive as a prize at the 1904 World’s Fair; 8 x 10

1904

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of an oxen-drawn, eight wheel log wagon with an unidentified person. Reproduced in McCarty on page 12; 6 x 4

Undated

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of several men with saws amidst large piles of logs; 5 x 7

Undated

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of Hattiesburg Grocery Company on Second Street, with several men standing on the front porch, and another pulled up front in a horse and buggy. Reproduced in McCarty on page 24; 7 x 5

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of a team of oxen pulling an 8-wheel wagon laden with six large logs in the forest; 10 x 8

Undated

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. A bird's eye view photograph of J.J. Lumber Company in Hattiesburg, depicting a large factory with smoke stacks, encircled by a flowing river delivering logs.

undated

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of a Clyde two-line skidder machine operating in an area of cleared forest. This machine could drag logs to the railhead from half a mile away.

Undated

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs. Photograph of the front façade of the People’s Bank located on 612 Mobile Street in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The bank was established in 1905 and owned and operated by African-Americans.

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of Hattiesburg Grocery Company on Second Street, with several men standing on the front porch, and another pulled up front in a horse and buggy. Reproduced in McCarty on page 24. Retouched: orange line removed; 7 x 5

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of the elaborately decorated four-story Odd Fellows Hall, with banners reading "Welcome Brothers" and a flag that reads I.O.O.F. Grand Lodge Mississippi; 5 x 7

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of steam locomotive number 300, belonging to the Bonhomie and Hattiesburg Southern Railroad; 4 x 2

Undated

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of the large Hotel Hattiesburg on the corner of Mobile and Pine Streets; 5 x 7.

1906

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of an unpaved Front Street lined with buildings and shops on both sides. Dozens of people are in the streets and on the sidewalks; 9 x 5

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of the large Hotel Hattiesburg on the corner of Mobile and Pine Streets in 1906.

1906

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of twenty-two men seated at a large table enjoying the banquet celebrating the opening of the Hotel Hattiesburg. Among the attendees were E. E. Conner, Dr. T. E. Ross, Sr., Herman Katz, Dr. Rush, Emmett McInnis, and Virgil Jones; 7 x 5

1906

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of the menu listing southern delicacies served to guests the night of the opening of the Hotel Hattiesburg in 1906. Retouched: orange line removed; 5 x 7

1906

From the Hattiesburg Historical Photographs; Photograph of Main Street in Hattiesburg, looking east in 1906.

1906

Loading indicator
Powered by Preservica
© Copyright 2021